Monday, April 20, 2009

What do Mark Martin and Jon Mark Beilue have in common?


As I slowly approach the age which begins with 5, I am thinking that 50 is .... the new 30.


There are at least several people out there trying to prove it.


At age 50, Mark Martin became the third oldest winner in NASCAR history with a victory at Phoenix International Raceway.


And in the same vain, Jon Mark Beilue, also 50, competed in today's Boston Marathon and finished .... well, not quite first ... but he was 10,686 with a time of 3:41.58.


Of the nine local participants, Jon Mark finished seventh. But the good news is that only two people older than JMB finished ahead of them.
I'm not sure where Batman (in photo above) finished. On second thought, maybe Jon Mark should have worn a Batman outfit.


Anway, in celebration, I think I'll have a giant Frosty from Wendy's!


In all seriousness, congratulations to Jon Mark. I can't remember the last time I ran ONE MILE much less a marathon.



No comments:

Post a Comment