Friday, February 13, 2009

Lucky 13


As the publisher of the newspaper, I receive a "budget" of stories each day that lets me and others in the building know what we'll be publishing in the next day's newspaper.

So most days, I have a good idea of most of the stories that will appear in the newspaper.

But if I haven't seen the "budget" or missed something on it, sometimes I get a surprise - some good and some not so good.

Today's newspaper had one of those good suprises. The sports department did a great job on a fun story about players with the No. 13 - of course, it was on Friday the 13th. The photo department added to the package as well.

While the story is online, it looks even better on the sports section front in the printed edition. Be sure to take a look at it if you haven't seen it. I think you'll enjoy the creative work done by the newsroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment