Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday's Best Bet: Amarillo Little Theater's "Whorehouse"

This is the last weekend of Amarillo Little Theater's staging of "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

The musical runs tonight through Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m.

I haven't seen it, but I can assure you it will be a great performance, just like everything else ALT does.

After moving to Amarillo about seven years ago, I saw productions by the symphony, ballet and opera not too long after getting here.

But unfortunately, it took a little bit longer - too long - before I attended ALT. The talent level of the organization is top notch and I'm sure the same will be true if you see "Whorehouse" this weekend.

It's probably not for the kids - it has a PG13 rating.

And if you don't get to see this ALT production, there are many more this season on both the Mainstage and Alternative space. Be sure to follow ALT blog as well.

For tickets, call the ALT box office, 806-355-9991.

ALT was established in 1927 and is one of the oldest continuously operating community theatres in the country.

And remember, if you attend and can give me a good reason why you didn't like the event, I'll give you a credit of equal value to your ticket in a newspaper subscription. It's a money back guarantee (kind of).

No comments:

Post a Comment