Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday's Best Best: Casting Crowns

Do you think Amarillo is a boring place with not much to do?

I'm sure some people do, but I'm not one of them. I would tell you there is a lot to do, especially for a town of this size.

With arts groups, concerts, sports, festivals and other events, there's not a week that goes by where there is not something really great going on.

So I've decided to issue a challenge to you. Each week on Thursday, I will pick a best bet of an event in the upcoming week.

I will guarantee if you go to the event, you will not disappointed and you will learn quickly that there is a lot of quality entertainment in Amarillo.

And if you attend the event and give me a good reason why you were disappointed, I'll give you your money back.

Well, not actually your money, but I will give you a newspaper subscription equivalent to the value of what you paid to get in the event. But you have to prove you attended the event and give me a good reason why you didn't like it.

OK, clear as mud?

Anyway, here is the week's guaranteed event: Casting Crowns will perform Saturday night at the Amarillo Civic Center. Tickets are available at Panhandle Tickets online and local outlets.

The group is led by Mark Hall, who still has his day job as a youth pastor at a church just south of Atlanta. They perform on the weekends, but the band is usually back in Atlanta on Sunday morning to participate in church activities.

The tour, called "Until the Whole World Hears," is leading up to the Nov. 17 release of an album of the same name. The lyrics of many of the group's songs cut right to the chase of issues the church and Christians face.

Matt Redman opens for the event which starts at 7 p.m. Here's a video preview:

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful challenge idea. Thanks for promoting this great Georgia based Christian group and the many things there are to do in your town. Considering where you and I grew up and then attended college, it's hard for me to imagine anyone being bored in Amarillo, TX.

    ReplyDelete